“Yes I admit, I’ve got a thinkin’ problem” ~ David Ball
It should come as no surprise that I spend a lot of my time thinking; whether I am otherwise busy or not.
I obsess. I worry. I ponder. I daydream. I wish. I regret.
My mind goes a million miles an hour, and I can’t seem to make it slow down.
I suppose this could be a good thing to some people, as it gives me motivation for things to write about, or for new things to edit on my resume; so on and so forth.
The tough part for me is that I really miss sleeping through the night. I’m to the point where I am considering medication to calm down at bedtime. But then I find myself obsessing about THAT, too. Would I take too much? Would I take enough? Would I sleep too heavy and be unable to wake during an emergency?
These are the things that bug me beyond description lately. I have a million things running through my mind at any given time of day, so let’s take a look at some of the funnier ones.
- How the hell did a toothpick get in my bathroom drain?
- What did the cats eat to make the litter box smell like that?
- I’ve been on a dozen interviews – With a kick ass resume like mine, why am I not getting any calls back? Is the former employer badmouthing? Are they allowed to do that even though I did a really good job for them?
- I hope the unemployment money hits my account Monday morning; I’m almost out of gas and I’m hoping that the last interview I went on will be the last one because I am supposed to hear back any day now and I need gas!!
- I forgot to ask, during the last interview, what the company policy is regarding tattoos.
- I have heard some gossip about the old employer that makes me grit my teeth and feel even more ashamed that I got fired from such a good job. I’m not sure if I’d go back if they called me tomorrow but I’d love to at least go in and ask them why I was treated the way I was.
- I need to seriously let it go. I’m not the only awesome person who’s ever been fired. I need to get over myself and learn that shit happens and I need to pick up my ball and find a new playground.
- I keep putting together work outfits in my head and making sure that I have enough nice ones to alternate outfits without looking like I have no clothes.
- I’m already wondering how I’m going to pay for Christmas.
I think that’s enough insanity for now, no? I will update in a day or so when I hear back from the last place I interviewed at. I’m pretty sure I nailed the interview; now it’s just a matter of finding out if they like me enough to add me to their already stellar team. Wish me luck!!!